Kickin Coyote Butt
CoyoteVest - VEST ONLY
Why is this important?
Reports of Coyotes attacking dogs are on the rise. Coyotes are now hunting everywhere looking for any opportunity or any weakness. When they attack it's like a car crash -- you won't see it coming and it will be over in an instant. The outcome will be that your dog is dead, or seriously wounded and you end up with a very expensive veterinarian bill.
A CoyoteVest is like a Kevlar® vest that a soldier might wear. It does not protect all of the body or guarantee survival, but it does increase the chances of survival and might be the difference between life or death. The most important thing is that you're wearing it when you need it, so the CoyoteVest is designed to be comfortable to wear and easy to take on and off.
Does it work?
The first thing the CoyoteVest does is protect your dog's neck with twelve 1" spikes. The spikes are mounted in two rows on a stiff yet flexible triple laminated Kevlar® collar. The long collar and formidable array of spikes covers all of your dogs neck and makes it very unlikely that another dog will be able to bite your dog on the back of the neck.
The second thing the CoyoteVest does is cover your dog with a stab-resistant layer of Kevlar® body armor that can resist sharp canine teeth. The armor covers the areas of your dog that are at most risk and buys you some time to break up the attack. It will always be up to you, the owner, to stop the attack. If the CoyoteVest has done its job your dog's vital organs will not have sustained puncture wounds from the attacker's canine teeth.
Please watch our K9 testing video to see just how tough the CoyoteVest is.
Even though the Kevlar® is extremely difficult to puncture, it is comfortable for your dog to wear. The flexible fabric is breathable and will hold moisture for a short time if it becomes wet - similar to linen. There are no metal parts used in the CoyoteVest so there is nothing that can rust. It is hand-washable with a mild detergent.
|M||9" x 3.25"||10" - 16"||12" - 24"||15.25"|
|S||8" x 3"||8" - 13"||11" - 18"||12"|
|XS||7" x 2.5"||7" - 11"||10" - 14"||11"|
|Mini||6.5" x 2.25"||6" - 11"||9" - 14"||9.75"|
- Size: The CoyoteVest size you need.
- Collar: The rectangular "Elvis-style" collar should cover the neck well and be comfortable. You can get an idea of the fit by cutting out a similar size piece of paper or cloth and trying it on your dog.
- Neck: Measure the circumference around your dogs neck.
- Waist: Measure the circumference around the waist just behind the ribs.
- Back: Measure the length from the Base of Neck to BEFORE the tail - it is okay to be a few inches longer or shorter. *Because our vest are handmade there may be a variance of 1/2" in length.
Please watch our Sizing Video here to learn how to measure your dog for a CoyoteVest. Our dog is wearing a Medium in the video.
The CoyoteVest is easy to put on and take off with two quick-release buckles. The adjustable waist belt and adjustable collar can accommodate a variety of dog sizes and shapes. The standard black nylon collar can be replaced with your own collar if you prefer or if the collar is too tight after adjusting.
Avoid, Prevent, and Stop
The third thing the CoyoteVest does is to provide a platform where various countermeasures can be attached:
- Avoid an attack with CoyoteWhiskers.
- Prevent an attack with CoyoteSpikes.
- Stop an attack with a CoyoteZapper.
- Protect against birds of prey with a HawkShield
Not sure what you need? The CoyoteVest Starter Pack has a complete set of gear to get your dog protected.